“Real cooking is more about following your heart than following recipes.” – Unknown
With the abundance of tomato’s we’ve had in the garden this summer, I’ve been able to make a few batches of my marinara sauce. That means we eat a lot of Italian dishes in our home. Believe me when I say no-one is complaining! I wanted to share this super yummy & easy Chicken Parmesan recipe with my favorite friends… yep, that is all of you!
Our Favorite Recipes
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
4 chicken breasts, tenderized about ½ inch thick 1 ½ cups Italian bread crumbs 1 ½ cup white all purpose flour ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper 3 eggs, beaten 2 TBSP’s whole white milk 1 cup Canola oil for frying 4 cups Marinara Sauce 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese Click this link for my super easy Marinara Sauce recipe! https://fordragonfliesandme.com/2022/09/21/marinara-sauce/
Tenderize chicken breasts to about ½ inch thickness. You don’t have to have a meat tenderizer. Watch Dave’s video demonstration with an every day kitchen item on Facebook !
1. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk until mixed thoroughly; in another bowl add flour, salt & pepper and mix; in a third bowl put bread crumbs.
While oil is heating, dip each chicken breast first in the flour, then egg, then bread crumbs; make sure each piece of chicken is thoroughly coated; place one or two pieces of chicken in heated oil making sure they do not overlap;
2. Put oil in a frying pan and bring to temperature on medium-high heat; you will know when the oil is hot enough when you put a drop of water in and it bubbles.
3. Fry on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown- chicken will not be fully cooked; place paper towels onto a plate or cookie sheet; when chicken is done, remove and place chicken on paper towel to drain excess oil; repeat this process with new paper towels for each piece.
4. While the chicken is frying, put 2 cups of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish; spread until the bottom is evenly coated.
5. When chicken is done, place side by side in the baking dish; divide mozzarella cheese and spread evenly over each piece of chicken.
6. Bake covered for 30 minutes; uncover and broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Serve with additional sauce and a delicious salad & garlic bread!
Added bonus tip: To find recipes like this one & more, you can go to my blog at www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!