“Cooking is about passion, so it may look slightly temperamental in a way that it’s too assertive to the naked eye.” – Gordon Ramsay
We just love pasta with shrimp.. Or steak & shrimp… or really anything with shrimp! We love shrimp! This is a really easy & fast dish to make to add to any pasta or vegetable dish, or as an accompaniment to meat. Ok, you can even just eat this as an appetizer… it’s so good friends.
If you follow me at all, you know I love to change up a traditional recipe and give it a Jean or Dave twist, and of course this recipe is no different. Dave & the boys like a bit of spice to their food, so we decide to add some red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper to this already amazing dish. But we didn’t stop there! If you recall, I just did a recipe for roasted garlic and infused garlic olive oil… yep, you guessed it! We use the oil & cloves to add that extra special oompf! You will love this recipe friends, so be sure to let me know how you enjoyed it in the comments!
Watch me make this delicious recipe at my YouTube Channel below!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 4 ~ 2 cup servings approximately
1 ~ 12 ounce bag of cooked extra large, peeled & deveined shrimp with or without the tails on
1~ 1 pound bag of angel hair OR thin OR regular spaghetti noodles, cooked.
¼ cup Garlic Infused Olive Oil~ see recipe
Roasted garlic~ about 3 bulbs worth
½ cup chicken broth
4 TBSP salted butter
2 TBSP lemon juice OR juice from 1 large lemon
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
Marinara sauce~ Click link for my easy homemade recipe!
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Watch my super easy YouTube video on how to make roasted garlic and garlic infused olive oil!
1. Fill a large stock pot about ¾ way full with water, add 1 tsp salt; bring to a rolling boil and add pasta; cook following package instructions. Drain and return to the pot with some butter and olive oil so it doesn’t stick.
2. While water is boiling, in a large cast iron skillet or stainless steel skillet, heat 2 TBSP of the butter and all the olive oil; make sure butter is melted.
3. Toss the shrimp in and add all seasonings; toss to evenly coat the shrimp.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes and turn; cook an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and cooked for about 3 to 5 minutes stirring to blend evenly.
6. When done, place about 2 cups of the pasta on a plate, top with desired amount of marinara sauce, take about 6 to 8 shrimp and place on top and garnish with shredded parmesan cheese.
Enjoy with a salad & some delicious sourdough bread and dip in infused olive oil.
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in either a spiral bound soft cover OR NEW, a Downloadable PDF version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.