“Cooking is the art of adjustment.” – Jacques Pepin
Dave & I first had this sandwich at a cool little joint near my home in Waterford. We both really enjoyed it but there were a few things I didn’t care for about it. For instance, they used canned jalapenos which are pickled… and I don’t like pickled anything. So of course I thought I could make it better, and we think I did!
I love finding an okay recipe and making it preferable to my family… and hopefully yours! What would you do differently from mine? Let me know in the comments below, I love your feedback!
To see my step by step, check out the video on my YouTube Channel!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 1 Sandwiches
2 slices turkey bacon, cooked
2 slices Canadian bacon
2 slices swiss cheese
1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced~ with or without seeds
2 TBSP salted butter, softened
2 slices of sourdough bread
Serve with chips or mac & cheese.
We switched this up with some regular bacon and added avocado!
Garlic Parmesan Cream Cheese Spread: Yields 1 ½ cups
1 cup whipped cream cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 fresh clove of garlic minced OR 1 tsp jarred
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Here’s an easy step by step visual!
1 Cook bacon.
2. Spread 1 tsp of the softened butter on one side of each slice of bread; spread 2 TBSP of the cream cheese spread on the other side; Place slice buttered side down in a skillet on medium-low heat.
3. Layer on top of the cream cheese spread first 1 slice of the swiss cheese, then the cooked bacon slices, then Canadian bacon slices.
4. Then add 6 slices of jalapeno pepper, the other slice of swiss cheese.
5. On the second slice of buttered bread, spread 2 TBSP of the cream cheese spread on the other side and place the cream cheese side down onto the swiss cheese;
6. The buttered side should be facing up.
7. Cook on for about 1 to 2 minutes pressing down with a spatula and then carefully flip the sandwich; repeat this process of flipping until both sides are golden brown and swiss cheese is melted; about 5 minutes.
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.