“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients.” – Julia Child
This super easy recipe will be the hit of any meal as a side dish. The bourbon adds a bit of a tang, giving this dish a deliciously sweet & savory flavor. Be sure to let me know if you try it, and how you & your family enjoyed it!
Our Favorite Recipes
4 to 5 medium sized sweet potatoes or yams, cut into ¼ inch round coins
1 stick salted butter, divided into TBSP’s
½ cup Bourbon
½ cup maple syrup
1 ½ cups light brown sugar
We like Jim Beam bourbon!
1. Peel, wash, and cut sweet potatoes into ⅛ to ¼ inch coins.
Pro Tip: Save the peels and toss them in your garden. They will break down over the winter adding nutrients to your soil!
2. Layer bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish with sweet potatoes; put 6 TBSP’s butter evenly spaced on top of potatoes; spread ½ cup of the brown sugar evenly across the potatoes
3. Repeat this process 3 times.
4. Pour the maple syrup & bourbon over the potatoes evenly.
5. Cover and bake for 45 minutes; remove foil and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
If you enjoyed this post & thought this was a super yummy recipe leave me a comment… and of course please LIKE, Follow & Share.
You can purchase my wonderful cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats & Treats again! Click this link to purchase: https://fordragonfliesandme.com/purchase-my-cookbook…/
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Be sure to check out my Facebook page & follow me there for daily inspirations, lovely photos, & of course all kinds of great home & garden tips!
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content without written permission.