“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” – Marcel Boulestin
This is a new recipe for us, and we just love it!!! If you are a fan of Philly Steak ‘n’ Cheese sandwiches, then you’ll have to try this super easy, & delish variation of it. Quite frankly friends, you could make this and then cut it up and put on a hoagie roll! Either way, it’s delish, and you’re gonna love it!
Click my YouTube video below to watch me make this recipe live!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 4 to 6 stuffed peppers
4 large peppers or 6 medium
1~ 21 ounce package Steak ‘Um sandwich meat, chopped
2 to 3 shallots, sliced
1~ 8 ounce can of sliced mushrooms
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 to 6 slices of swiss cheese~ depends on how many peppers you use. 1 per pepper
1 fresh clove of garlic minced OR 1 tsp jarred
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP salted butter
Variation: I used Steak-Umm sliced steaks for this recipe, but if you prefer to use steak, than I recommend using a good cut like a rib-eye so the meat is tender. I used this because I wanted it to replicate a restaurant style Philly Steak ‘n’ Cheese sandwich as much as possible.
1. In a skillet heat 1 TBSP of the oil; add 1 TBSP of the butter, garlic, and the chopped meat; sauté on medium high heat until done, about 5 to 7 minutes; transfer cooked meat to a large bowl and add the 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese; blend well. Set aside.
2. While meat is cooking, cut the tops off the peppers and reserve to the side; clean out the seeds and ribs from the pepper; set in a baking dish.
3. Now take the tops of the peppers and cut out the stem end and slice the remaining pepper.
4. Once the meat is transferred, use the same skillet and add remaining oil and butter; add diced peppers, mushrooms, and shallots; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and soft.
5. Add veggies to meat & cheese mixture; blend well.
6. Take the mixture and fill each pepper full and heaping. Be sure to pack the filling in.
7. Take any additional mixture and fill in the baking dish around the stuffed peppers.
8. Lay one slice of swiss cheese on top of each stuffed pepper.
9. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with rice and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in either a spiral bound soft cover OR NEW, a Downloadable PDF version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.