“There is nothing more calming than an organized home.”— Unknown
In my previous post on Room by Room Organization~ The Kitchen and Pantry, I mentioned the kitchen is the heart of the home. I genuinely believe that, however the living room or family room is where snuggles and relaxation happen.
After a long day at work or school, then home to prepare or help with dinner it feels mighty good to just flop down on a comfy couch or oversized chair and just take a deep breath… relaxation.
Some of you may have young kids, some of you may be single, some of you may be in the golden years of your life… either way, that flop just feels pretty dang good some days!
My Living Room
The living or family room, whichever you call it says a lot about the character and style of the homeowner(s). Is your decorating style shabby chic, modern, eclectic, industrial, farmhouse, or something else? The style will inevitably dictate the type of accents you use.
My family this holiday season! Where is Frankie!!!!
My style is a mix between Industrial & Farm House. I love the metal & wood features the Industrial style offers. I also adore enamelware and cozy fabrics. I also love botanicals & birds… so, I think I pull it together fairly well. Wallpaper coming back into style didn’t hurt my feelings either lol! Don’t hate me, but my house has a couple and I actually loved them, so I kept them.
1. Extra blankets are always a nice touch! I mean can you really have too many blankets LOL!!! I keep about six in a cute tote rolled up tucked away in a corner.
No matter what your style is and how you incorporate it into your home, it is a reflection of what is appealing to your eye and soul. They say the eyes are a mirror into a person’s soul, well I think the home can be this as well.
2. Bookshelves hold decorative elements and books too 😀 I like to showcase special items in mine. Balance is the key.
The family room is the cozy spot in the home where each member can curl up with a good book, or share & talk about stuff.
3. Fireplace mantel in my living room holds several Apothecary bottles that match my decor. I collect these wonderful treasures and have them scattered in just about every room in my home.
“Being organized is really important in a fast-paced life while we have no time to deal with clutter. Be it physical or emotional clutter, it tends to make us sad and depressed or frustrated.” Julie Hage / Life, Organizing
I like my living room to be tidy. Here are some Walk Through tips for the Living Room:
- At the end of the day make sure all the throw pillows on the couch are neat and where they should be.
- Put any blankets away folded neatly and put back in the basket.
- Make sure there are no dirty glasses or plates left from snacks.
- If you have kids, then be sure to have them help you with this. Remember the Walk Through? Bag & basket in hand! The concept is very simple to apply and it is one that my children completely understand. The walk through is simply going through a room and picking up AND putting away everything that is out of its place. If you need a reminder or missed that post, click HERE to read!
- Tidy any items that may have been knocked out of place in the room.
Keep posted for the next in the series as we look at Room by Room Organization Bedroom & Closets!
If you missed my last post on Room by Room Organization~ The Kitchen & Pantry, click HERE to read Part 1 and HERE to listen to Part 2 at my Podcast.
Jump on over to my Podcast & SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss an episode!
If you enjoyed this blog , please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook, go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.