“You are also far less likely to waste food when you have nurtured it from a seed into a plant.” — Darina Allen
Comfort foods come in all shapes & flavors… including a bit of spice. After all, something with a zip is sure to warm you up!
This is a recipe Dave & I came up with after picking up some Portobello mushrooms from my friend Dave, a mushroom vendor at The Farmington Farmers & Artisans Market.
If you like some spicy Mexican style goodness in the kitchen, you will love this recipe!
Our Favorite Recipes
1 pound plain ground pork, beef, or chicken
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 fresh clove of garlic minced, OR 1 tsp jarred
1- 1.25 ounce package of Mild Chorizo seasoning mix
4 to 8 Portobello mushroom caps- quantity depends on how large.
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
2 TBSP shredded Mexican style cheese per mushroom cap
½ cup Queso Blanco Dip- I use Tostitos
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Pro Tip: You can purchase a ready made Chorizo mix, or make your own!
See recipe below!
1. In a large skillet, add oil, ground pork, Chorizo seasoning mix, and garlic; mix thoroughly; fry until done; drain off any excess grease.
2. Place meat into a large bowl and add shredded cheese & Queso; mix until well blended.
3. Place mushroom caps open end up in a baking dish; scoop ¼ to ½ cup meat & cheese mixture into each mushroom cap; sprinkle with 2 TBSP shredded cheese.
4. Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Chorizo Spice Recipe
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP onion powder
1 TBSP garlic powder
2 tsp Mexican oregano
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp coriander
¼ tsp cumin
¼ all spice
Easy Recipe Add On Ingredients:
- You can add ½ cream cheese to the mixture as well.
- Switch up the pork for beef or chicken.
- Add ¼ cup corn & ¼ cup black beans- washed & drained.
- For extra heat, add 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced.
If you enjoyed this blog & bonus recipe, please LIKE, Follow & of course Share! Let me know what you think, I love your feedback!
Added bonus tip: To find recipes like the ones you’ll find in my posts, you can go to my blog at www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook go on over & give it a like & follow me for daily tips & tricks for the home and garden! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100049613212778
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content without written permission.