“Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people get together to eat.” – Guy Fieri
This recipe has been a long time favorite of my children’s and can be found in my cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats on page 163. If you don’t own your own copy, you can in either a beautiful soft cover spiral bound edition OR now, NEW PDF Downloadable version.
I remember when we were with the Mennonite church, this was a family favorite for Sunday company. It’s so easy to make, yet so delicious to the taste buds. With just a few simple ingredients you’ll have everyone so impressed and wanting this recipe!
Enjoy friends, and let me know how you like it. Be sure to give me feedback, I love your comments!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 15 to 18 patties
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1~ 10.5 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
1 to 2 soup can water or milk- I use milk
2 TBSP white all purpose flour
1 TBSP pink Himalayan salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 medium red onion, diced
White all purpose flour for breading patties
Olive oil for frying
1. In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread crumbs, 1 cup milk, seasonings, and diced onion; blend until thoroughly mixed
2. Place about 1 cup of flour into a bowl; take about ¼ cup of meat mixture and form into a patty; coat all sides in flour; set aside and repeat until all meat is formed into patties.
3. In a skillet while forming the patties, add 2 TBSP olive oil and heat on medium high.
4. Once all patties are breaded with flour, place in heated oil in a skillet; cook for about 1 ½ minutes on both sides and remove into a 9x13x2 inch baking dish. Repeat until all patties are cooked.
5. Put soup and can of milk into another bowl with 2 TBSP flour; whisk until blended and there are no clumps. Pour soup mixture over patties.
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
6. Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until done.
To check doneness, remove one patty and cut in half; if there is no pink, then it is ready to serve.
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in either a spiral bound soft cover OR NEW, a Downloadable PDF version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.