“A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe.”
– Thomas Keller
This recipe has become an all time favorite for my family, so I thought I’d share it with my Dragonfly family to enjoy as well!
A few years back I was invited to prepare this recipe on Fox TV2 while promoting my cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats. It was so fun to share my pesto recipe on air. You can find my original recipe at the link provide below.
Our Favorite Recipes
2 boneless, skinless chicken Breasts- about 2 pounds
1 TBSP Garlic Salt, divided
1 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
1- 16 ounce or 1 pound box of Cellentani Pasta or similar
1 cup Pesto- see recipe link for Pesto recipe
2 cup Alfredo Sauce:
Ingredients for sauce:
1 stick salted butter or 1/4 cup
1 cup whole milk
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1- 8 ounce container of whipped cream cheese
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black Pepper
Pro tip: I recommend making the pesto sauce first, as this can be refrigerated allowing the flavor to intensify!
Pro tip: For the best results with the alfredo sauce, use as quickly as you can so it doesn’t begin to firm up. However if it does, simply warm on low heat until desired consistency, stirring constantly.
Click here for my Pesto Recipe. https://wordpress.com/post/fordragonfliesandme.com/3166
As a side dish, my yummy Bruschetta recipe makes a great accompaniment! You can find that recipe here: fordragonfliesandme.com/2022/09/14/bruschetta-with-feta-cheese-balsamic-glaze/
1. Sprinkle half the garlic salt on one side of chicken, flip and season second side.
Grill chicken breasts until fully cooked and juices run clear;
2. Once chicken is cooled, using kitchen shears cut chicken into bite size chunks; set aside
3. Prepare both your pesto and alfredo sauces; see recipe link for instructions for pesto above.
4. Put a large pot of water on high heat while you are making your alfredo sauce. Add pasta once the water comes to a full rolling boil; cook until Al Dente. Follow box instructions for cooking time.
5. While water is heating, prepare the alfredo sauce:
i. In a medium sized pot melt the stick of butter.
ii. Once the butter is melted, add cream cheese and half the milk; whisk until well blended.
iii. Once cream cheese is melted and blended evenly, add remaining milk and parmesan cheese; mix until completely melted and is a smooth consistency.
iv. Add salt & pepper; blend thoroughly. Set aside while pasta is cooking.
6. Once pasta is done, drain and then place in a large serving bowl.
7. To drained pasta, add chicken and both sauces; blend until both noodles and chicken are evenly coated with sauce. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve with bruschetta or any other garlic bread.
Pro tip: Once you’ve drained your pasta, add a tablespoon of olive oil, blend thoroughly. This will prevent the noodles from sticking. Butter works too!
If you enjoyed this blog & bonus recipes, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook, go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100049613212778