For all of you who followed me over from For Dragonflies And Me Facebook page… here’s the Cheesy-Garlicky Dinner Buns How-to recipe I promised! Enjoy friends!
This dinner bun recipe can be found in my cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats & Treats on page 40, the second recipe on the page by Carol Jean Shirk
Cheesy-Garlicky Dinner Buns
Yields about 12 rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Dinner Bun dough:
2 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 c warm water
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c oil
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp. salt
4-5 c white flour
1/2 cup Shredded cheese, I used Colby jack
Oil for greasing muffin tin
Parmesan Butter Brush On
1 stick salted butter, softened
Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
1 Tbsp. fresh parmesan cheese, grated
1 small clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. parsley, crushed
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Mix yeast into warm water; add sugar, stir in; add oil and beaten egg, mix thoroughly; add 1 cup flour and blend.
2. Add 1 cup of remaining flour at a time mixing in until the dough feels right. It should be a bit tacky; knead for about 2-3 minute’s. Let rise for 30 minutes.
3. Form into tennis ball size balls.
4. Using your thumb, make a hole in the middle of dough ball.
5. Place 1/2 tsp. Parmesan Butter Brush On (follow link below for more gobs more flavored butter recipe) into hole.
Follow this link to my article at Your Home With Karie Engels for more Brush On Herbed Butter recipes.
6. Add 1 Tbsp. shredded cheese into hole.
7. Pinch dough closed being sure to seal it.
8. Place pinched side down in greased muffin tins.
9. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes; place in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes, until rolls are golden and firm when touched, or until a knife comes out clean.
10. Remove from heat and place on cooling rack for 3 minutes; take rolls out of muffin tin and place on another cooling rack for about 2 minutes and serve hot with some yummy soup!
So easy and so yummy!
Have a great day!