“Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.”
– Harriet Van Horne
Dave said, “Lets make some black bean & corn salsa!” Of course it was game on… & of course I said, “Let’s give it a twist!” You can make this recipe as is served with chips, or you can add the Queso & chorizo to give it that special Jean twist! Let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients for the Salsa:
- 1-15.25 ounce can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1-15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup diced Roma tomato- about 2 large
- 1/2 cup diced red shallot- about 1 medium to large
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno pepper, ribbed & seeded- about 1 large or 2 medium
- 1 glove fresh garlic OR 1 tsp jarred
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBSP Lemon juice
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips!
Ingredients for Nacho Skillet:
- 1 pound chorizo pork sausage fried & drained
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil to fry sausage in
- 1 cup taco blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup your favorite Queso- I like On The Border with Monterey Jack
We have been feasting from our garden daily. Using fresh ingredients gives this recipe such wonderful flavor.
Pro tip: If you would like to use fresh sweet corn, simply purchase 2 ears, steam until cooked, and then cut the kernels off. Super easy, & super yum!
1. Drain & wash both the black beans and corn in a colander until the water runs clear.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients into a large bowl; mix well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
3. While the salsa is chilling fry chorizo sausage in olive oil until cooked thoroughly; once cooked drain in a colander.
4. Place fried sausage in a 6×9 baking dish.
5. Spread 2 cups of the salsa over the sausage evenly.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over salsa. Then pour 1 cup of Queso over cheese.
7. Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
You can also warm this in the microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes if you prefer.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
Pro tip: I purchase all my pork & beef from local farmers. The taste is genuinely so much more flavorful!
If you enjoyed this post & thought this was a super yummy recipe leave me a comment.
…. and of course please LIKE, Follow & Share.
You can purchase my wonderful cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats & Treats again! Click this link to purchase: https://fordragonfliesandme.com/purchase-my-cookbook…/
Be sure to check out my Facebook page & follow me there for daily inspirations, lovely photos, & of course all kinds of great home & garden tips! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100049613212778