“Cooking for people is an enormously significant expression of generosity and soulfulness, and entertaining is a way to be both generous and creative. You’re sharing your life with people. Of course, it’s also an expression of your own need for approval and applause. Nothing wrong with that.” – Ted Allen
We just love soups! Really, we love any type of comfort food. One of my favorite types of pasta is Gnocchi, and when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make my own version of it. I often see yummy recipes and then adjust them to make them my own suited to my family’s preferences.
The first time I had Gnocchi was from a co-vendor during my market vendor days. If you are in or around the Metro Detroit area, then you may have heard of Tracinas. They are by far the best I’ve ever eaten. You can find them at several farmers markets, and in some stores. Check out their website to see if there is a location near you!
Now let’s get rolling with this super yummy & easy to make soup recipe. Be sure to let me know what you think of it, and tell me what your favorite soup is. I love to hear your feedback. Enjoy friends!
Check out my recipe at my YouTube Channel!
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 4~ 2 cup servings
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized chunks~ about 1 ½ to 2 pounds
48 ounces or 6 cups chicken broth
1- 8 ounce package of Gnocchi
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, cut into ¼ inch coins
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup shallots, diced
1 cup fresh spinach
½ cup diced Heirloom tomatoes or 1~ 8 ounce can of diced tomatoes
2 fresh garlic cloves minced OR 2 tsp jarred
2 TBSP white all purpose flour
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
1. In a large stock pot, heat ½ the butter and ½ the oil; add all vegetables and sauté for about 5-7 minutes; add garlic and seasonings; blend well and sauté for an additional minute.
2. In a separate skillet, add the other half of the butter and oil; heat and add chunked chicken; cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Do not fully cook.
3. When chicken is done, add to the vegetable mixture; mix until well blended.
4. In a cup, take 1 cup of the broth and whisk flour into it until there are no lumps; add to chicken and vegetable mixture with remaining broth and cream; bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cook for half an hour.
5. Add spinach and gnocchi; cook according to package instructions.
Serve with a salad and garlic bread!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in either a spiral bound soft cover OR NEW, a Downloadable PDF version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.