“Cooking is all about people. Food is maybe the only universal thing that really has the power to bring everyone together. No matter what culture, everywhere around the world, people get together to eat.” – Guy Fieri
Mexican dishes are always a well received dish here in our home, that is for sure. Whether it’s fajitas, tacos, nachos, tamales, or enchiladas, my men smile!
This super easy and very filling meal is so easy to make. Of course there are a few variations you can find in my cookbook, but this one is a NEW spin on it.
What’s your favorite Mexican dish? Any tips & tricks you’d like to share with me and all my wonderful Dragonfly friends? If so, be sure to leave me a comment.. I love your feedback!
Check out my video for the step by step guide on how to put together this super easy & delish Mexican Fiesta Chip Dip!
Here is a simple and easy step by step!
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 6 to 12 enchiladas depending on the size of the tortilla you use. I am using the extra large in this video, and I was able to make 6.
2 pounds ground pork- you can use beef or a mixture of both if you prefer
2~ 1 ounce package of Kinders brand Mexican seasoning or a chorizo blend
2 small shallots, diced finely
2 fresh cloves of garlic minced OR 2 tsp jarred
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
6 extra large flour tortilla shells or 10-12 small
2 cups refried beans- see my recipe
1~ 16 ounce can your favorite enchilada sauce, red or green
Variety of shredded cheeses~ I used a shredded taco blend & queso, along with a soft fresco cheese
Fresh snipped cilantro
Olives green or black
Various taco sauces
Click this LINK for my super easy & yummy refried beans recipe!
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil; add meat, spice, garlic, and onions; sauté until golden brown; drain any excess grease and set aside.
2. In a 9x13x2 inch baking dish, pour about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
3. Next, take your tortillas and shape them into a taco fashion and lay side by side folded upward in the dish. You can either go widthwise or lengthwise.
4. In this order layer the enchilada fillings:
- First take about ¼ cup of the refried beans and spread on the inside center fold of the tortilla.
- Next take about ½ cup or enough depending on the size of your tortilla; spread over the beans.
- Take about ⅓ cup of the shredded taco & queso cheese combined and spread over the meat.
- Take out 2 ¼ cup of the fresco cheese and put on top as the final layer.
- Finally, pour about ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce over the cheese.
5. Next carefully fold the tortilla right side over, and then the left side over the right.
Repeat with each of the tortillas.
6. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas, making sure to cover them.
7. Add an additional cup of mixed taco and Queso blend shredded cheese over the top.
8. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes; remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with any or all of the toppings listed above, or whatever you enjoy!
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in a beautiful spiral bound soft cover or NEW Downloadable PDF Version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.