“Cooking for some is joy, for others a way to relax after a hectic day at work, and for a few, it’s purely a means to an end. Whatever your feelings are about cooking, it is so rewarding to see friends and family enjoy your food.” – Chetna Makan
This super easy and very versatile quesadilla is incredibly delicious! With the complex flavors of both the grilled chicken & bacon combined with avocado and ranch dressing… it is sooo yum! You can mix and match whatever toppings suit your fancy! Enjoy friends!
To watch me make this super yummy recipe, click below for my YouTube Video!
Our Favorite Recipe
Ingredients: Yields~ It depends on how many quesadillas you are making. Determine first how many people you are feeding, and how many each person will eat! Warning~ this is a very filling sandwich!
1 soft tortilla wrap per person
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast for every 2 quesadillas~ seasoned & grilled beforehand
2 pieces of bacon fried per quesadilla
1 TBSP salted butter per flour tortilla
Fiesta or Taco blend flavored shredded cheese~ about ½ per quesadilla or more if you like
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, & sliced
1~ 8 ounce container of white whole button mushrooms~ I use about 3 to 5 per quesadilla depending on size
2 to 3 shallots, sliced lengthwise
1 to 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced into lengthwise strips
2 to 3 Roma tomatoes
Pico De Guio
If you enjoyed this quesadilla recipe, check out my 3 Cheese Quesadilla recipe! So you!
1. Grill chicken breasts beforehand. I seasoned mine with a seasoned garlic salt.
2. In a large skillet fry bacon until golden brown; remove bacon onto a paper towel to drain off excess grease; pour out all of the bacon grease into a bowl leaving about 1 TBSP in the frying pan.
3. To bacon grease, add 1 TBSP butter and melt on medium heat; add sliced mushrooms & shallots; sauté until golden; remove to a bowl.
4. In the same skillet, place flour tortilla in the butter/grease and layer your toppings on one half of the tortilla~ You need to be able to fold it in half.
- ½ of the cheese
- Mushroom & shallot mixture
- Remaining half of cheese
5. Once you have all your fillings, carefully using a spatula and fork, bring the empty side of the tortilla over the filling to make a half moon; fry for about another minute and flip.
6. Fry on the other side for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.
7. Remove onto a plate and carefully open your quesadilla and add avocado and ranch dressing.
Serve with Pico De Guio and sour cream if you like.
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at http://www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats in either a spiral bound soft cover OR NEW, a Downloadable PDF version. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
Until next time remember to,
Eat fresh, shop local & have a happy day,
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content.
Definitely will be making these! I love bacon and yes it goes with everything!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Like I always say… bacon & butter make everything better LOL!
yummy! I will be making these for lunch today
Thanks for sharing. – Danwil Reyes
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the visit!
Let me know how you liked them!