“Cooking is not difficult. Everyone has taste, even if they don’t realize it. Even if you’re not a great chef, there’s nothing to stop you understanding the difference between what tastes good and what doesn’t.” – Gerard Depardieu
This is, next to all my soups, Dave’s favorite food! I love cooking for my family and those I love. I know I get that from my grandmother, mother, and aunt. They all cooked with passion… with love. I am grateful everyday I had such wonderful mentors both in the kitchen and with the display of love.
Here is my super easy and incredibly yummy Lasagna recipe. I prefer to use my homemade Marinara recipe, although of course you can use your favorite jarred sauce as well. Enjoy friends!
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients: Yields 8 servings
16 cooked lasagna noodles
8 cups of marinara sauce or a total of 64 ounces- about 3 to 4 jars of sauce, extra doesn’t hurt.
6 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pound lean ground beef OR Italian ground sausage, cooked and any grease drained
1- 8 ounce package of cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
28 pepperoni slices
1 small red onion, diced
2 fresh gloves of garlic minced OR 2 tsp jarred
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1- 15 ounce container of Ricotta cheese
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
If you’d like to make this recipe extra special from scratch, head over to my delicious Marinara Sauce Recipe! You won’t be disappointed!
PRO TIP: Be sure to use the ripest tomatoes for the richest flavor!
Do you have any favorite items you’d like to add? Here are a few more suggestions:
- Diced green and red peppers
- Thinly sliced Roma tomato’s
- Sliced Italian brats
- Onion slices
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Fill a large stock pot about ¾ of the way full and bring to boil.
2. While water is heating, in a large skillet add oil, ground meat, minced onions, sliced mushrooms, and garlic; fry making sure the meat is crumbled; when done, drain off any excess grease. Set to the side.
3. When water is at a full rolling boil, add lasagna noodles one at a time until they are all in; gently press down on the noodles with a large spoon to make sure the noodles are completely submerged, being careful not to splash up water. Cook following package directions.
4. Once noodles are fully cooked, carefully drain them into a colander; run cold water over them until they are able to be handled without burning your hands.
5. In a 9x13x2 baking dish pour about 2 cups of the sauce onto the bottom of the dish; layer noodles across bottom cutting to fit.
PRO TIP: Even if the noodles are still a bit on the hard side, don’t be concerned. While the lasagna is baking, the noodles will absorb the sauce and they will be perfect.
6. While meat is cooking and water is heating prepare the Ricotta:
Take the ricotta cheese and place in a medium sized bowl and add the egg, all the seasonings, and the ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese; blend thoroughly. Set aside.
7. Take the ricotta cheese mixture and carefully spread it onto the first layer of noodles, trying not to shift them.
8. Repeat with another layer of noodles and pour 2 cups of sauce over them; spread until completely covered.
9. Add 2 cups of the shredded mozzarella cheese & 1 cup of the parmesan; next layer the cooked ground meat & mushroom mixture.
10. Next layer the 28 slices of pepperoni- there should be 4 across and 7 down.
11. Add the saluted mushrooms and then cover with 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, and the last cup of parmesan.
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
12. Repeat with another layer of noodles and 2 cups of sauce and remaining cheese.
13. Cover the lasagna with non-stick foil wrap, and place the baking dish on a cookie sheet. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes; remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Serve this with my delicious bruschetta or garlic knots or delicious Italian bread you purchased at your local farmers market… enjoy!
If you enjoyed this blog, please LIKE, Follow, Share & leave me a comment! I love your feedback!
If you aren’t following me on Facebook & Instagram go on over & give a LIKE & Follow me for daily tips & tricks for your home & garden!
Added bonus: You can go to my blog at www.fordragonfliesandme.com to purchase my original cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats. The cookbook has almost 1000 recipes on almost 500 pages! Check out the Cookbook Testimonials while you’re there!
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content without written permission.
Pingback: Easy Lasagna – rosdahal