“Cooking requires confident guesswork and improvisation—experimentation and substitution, dealing with failure and uncertainty in a creative way.” – Paul Theroux
This super easy & delicious recipe is sure to be as big a hit in your home as it is in mine! The meat simply falls off the bone and melts in your mouth.
Our Favorite Recipes
Ingredients for Ribs:
2 Slabs of baby back spare ribs
Montreal Steak Spice
Your favorite BBQ sauce OR use my recipe
Versatile! You can interchange your favorite store brand or homemade BBQ sauce to whatever suits your taste buds.
Ingredients for My BBQ Sauce: This recipe can be found in my cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats and Treats on page 407.
2 c. ketchup
½ c brown sugar
1 TBSP minced onions
2 Cloves fresh garlic minced OR 2 tsp jarred
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
For some super yummy BBQ Butter Brush-On Recipes & unique grilling ideas, check out my older blog post.
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
2. Carefully remove the membrane from the back of the ribs and discard.
The top slab in the photo has the membrane removed, the bottom photo has it on.
3. Wash meat to remove any debris; cut each slab into 2 or 3 pieces, cutting between the bones; place on a large sheet of foil wrap- enough that you will be able to wrap the slab; sprinkle both sides liberally with the steak spice; wrap so the entire piece is covered; place on a cookie sheet. Repeat the process with all pieces.
4. Place in a preheated oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours.
5. Remove from the oven and carefully take slabs out of foil; place in a baking dish side by side meat side up.
6. Turn the heat up to 350 degrees now.
7. While the oven is heating up, slather your BBQ sauce over the top of your ribs and spread evenly; place back in oven for 15 minutes.
Directions for BBQ Sauce- Yields 2 cups finished sauce
- Combine all ingredients into a large saucepan, whisk together and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Nothing compares to fresh garlic!
Get new recipes delivered to your inbox.
Serve with baked potatoes or beans… So yum!
If you enjoyed this post & thought this was a super yummy recipe leave me a comment.
…. and of course please LIKE, Follow & Share.
You can purchase my wonderful cookbook, Lovingly Seasoned Eats & Treats!
Be sure to check out my Facebook page & follow me there for daily inspirations, lovely photos, & of course all kinds of great home & garden tips!
All text and images on this site are copyright of For Dragonflies And Me. Unless otherwise noted, you may not use this content without written permission.